Thursday, July 2, 2009

A few bumps in the road

Me and my code have been hitting a few bumps in the road over the past couple of weeks. Either because the solution I came to simply wasn't the best solution out there or because I misunderstood something. Peter Palfrader has been really nice and given me a few pointers, and I am confident that I am on the right track.

So, the new approach will be to use a proper lockfile (and not svn lock), comparing files with hash values, converting all of the wml files, reverting the ones that haven't changed since last time and committing the ones that have.

There is also one more thing on the todo-list, other than writing a script that will keep all the files updated automatically, and that is to convert all the wml files to po files. This can be done in just a few minutes (given that all the files can be converted without problems). I figured I'll upload these to the repository when:

1. The fancy, automatic wml-to-po-and-back-script is done.
2. I know where to put the po files.

I also plan on writing a longer progress report tomorrow and email this to my mentor, Jacob Appelbaum, as well as post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment