Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I spoke too soon

Yesterday wasn't much fun. I was in bed with the flu, and so Monday passed and no code was uploaded to the repository. I am feeling a bit better today and have had a look at the code I wrote last week. I also noticed that my todo list was missing an important item. Item number 4, from the previous post, says:

I need to make sure that svn lock is used at the right places, and that the script also adds and commits the files before it's finished.

In addition to that, I also need to think about the small details when it comes to locking and unlocking. What should happen if the lock can't be aquired? What should happen when svn up results in conflicts or the commit doesn't work? To me, exiting and letting the next invocation handle it seems like a simple way of doing it.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment