Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New and improved code

Today was spent rewriting old code into something much better. The code that will take new and updated wml files and convert/update the po files are done. I will be leaving for Oslo tomorrow, but I will continue working on Monday when I'm back in London. What remains is:

1. The script needs to know what languages are supported by Pootle. For now, this is done by reading a simple text file. In the future, this could be done by getting a list of directories in /var/lib/pootle/pootle (given that this directory still exists on the server where Pootle is set up).

2. The script needs to check svn up twice. Once to figure out which wml files are added/updated, and once to figure out which po files are updated. To deal with this, I plan on introducing a file, svnup.tmp, that the script will generate, read from and then delete.

3. I need to add the code that will take the updated po files and convert them back to wml. The code will not be much different from the code I wrote for the svn hooks, so this should be quick and easy.

4. I need to make sure that svn lock is used at the right places, and that the script also adds and commits the files before it's finished.

Thoroughly documented and fully working code will, hopefully, be committed to the tor svn repository on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment