Friday, July 3, 2009

My progress so far

I just sent an email to the tor-gsoc list asking if it is possible to split the contents of website/ into po/ and wml/. Doing so will make things a whole lot easier when it comes to figuring out where to put the resulting po files.

I also sent an email to my mentor telling him about my progress so far. What I wrote is pretty much the same as I have previously written in this blog:

Over the past few weeks I have written a few different scripts. While they have worked, they have not been ideal solutions to the problem I am trying to solve. If you read the blog post from yesterday, July 2nd, you'll see that I've gotten useful pointers from Peter and that
is what I have been working on today.

What's left to do is:

For wml2po:

  • Make sure that the wml and po files are put where they belong.

  • Generate hash values for each file before and after converting. Compare these two values and revert if they are the same (i.e. nothing has changed).



For po2wml:

  • The code will be pretty much the same as for wml2po and I don't think writing this script will be a problem.



Converting from wml to po, including translations:

  • I have already converted the wml files in the repository (including their translations) to po files. I'm just not sure where I should upload these. What do you think?

  • I also think that uploading those po files won't do much good until we have a script that can keep them updated automatically.



According to my timeline I should be done with the coding by the end of next week, and then start to write documentation (that is, document the code properly and write a readme). I am confident that I'll be able to stick to that plan. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment